Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Good News! I'm More Than Normal!


Quote of the Day
“I’d much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they’re the first to be rescued off sinking ships."
Gilda Radner
Fashion author Sheila Dicks states that women only wear about 20% of their wardrobe leaving the other 80% hanging in their closet because it doesn’t fit right, it itches, or it’s the wrong color.
Well, I can do better than that. I have been known to wear as much as 22% of mine! I have lots and lots of nice clothes, suits, dresses, cute casuals- you name it. For every day dress I tend to stick with my comfort clothes. I don’t even know why. Oh, I can put my comfort clothes together very nice and will even break out a skirt from time to time to mix it up, but you would not believe the beautiful things that are just hanging there. But my credit card bills believe it. I recently gave away 5 30 gallon garbage bags full of unwanteds. I kept the equivalent of another 12 bags, and have since re bought another 3 bags.
Clothing, purses, shoes and costume jewelry are my main purchases, followed closely by make up and skin care products. My house has become a department store and boutique. I am comforted by the admission from other women that I am not alone.
My husband understands that he has no closet space and contends with that very well. He knows that I need a house with a shoe room. We look at houses from time to time and take tours. When he sees a closet built like a room with rows of shelves, rods and drawers, he makes sure he tells me, “ Hey, Annie, here’s the closet you need!” I have to inspect it then, it must have floor to ceiling “make you skinny” mirrors. Hey, it’s all a girl thing!

No comments: