Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Hanging By A Boob

Quote of the Day
"There seems to be a law that governs all our actions so I never make plans.”
Greta Garbo
A friend of mine had a mammogram today. She said, " I’m going to get slammed.” Slammed? I always called it squashed. I guess we all have our own interpretations of the event. A mammogram in itself is a unique event. At no other time can you be hung by your boob and have somebody tell you not to breathe. You say, “I …couldn’t…if…I…tried…..
Oh..please,.. God…help…me.”
I know it’s for a good reason. Mammograms are a necessary evil. I wouldn’t want to find out I had breast cancer too late. Of course, I always get called back for a repeat. They didn’t get a good picture, there’s a suspicious dark area they want to get a better look at it, or my personal favorite, “we don’t know what that is.” Gee. Thanks. My doctor’s nurse sure has a great bedside manner about her. As it turned out, it was OK.
My favorite story was published in a women’s magazine a few years ago. I think Women’s World. The lady was getting a mammogram and the electric went off while the machine still had hold of her. She was stuck until the power was restored. Talk about scarring for life!

No comments: